Slow Cooker Pork and Sweet Potatoes over Kale Salad
1. Trim fat from roast and brown on all sides on stove top. Once browned, remove and allow to slightly cool.
2. Prepare rub for pork- In a small bowl combine 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, the crushed red pepper, and ginger.
3. Once cool enough to handle, rub pork all over with the garlic and sprinkle spice mixture evenly over the pork. Set aside.
4. Prepare sweet potatoes by drizzling 1 tbsp. of the oil, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Toss well.
5. Pour broth on bottom of slow cooker, then add the sweet potatoes and top with pork. Cook on high 6-8 hours.
6. Once fully cooked, prepare salad. In a large bowl combine kale and spinach. In a small screw-top jar combine vinegar, pomegranate juice, 1 tbsp. oil, 1/8 tsp. salt , and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle over greens; toss to coat. Divide greens among four serving plates.
7. Thinly slice the pork; place slices on salads along with the sweet potatoes. Top with pear, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.